Instructions for Speaker Upload
Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format to Congress of ESSR 2018 and submit it in the Session Room at the Congress venue NO LATER than 20 minutes prior to your session! You can of course bring it earlier, in one of the coffee / lunch breaks. A video projector and a notebook will be available in both Congress rooms. The use of personal notebooks has to be announced in advance to the technician in each Session Room. In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below:
The duration of the presentation for the award sessions will be 10 minutes and 3 minutes for questions. The duration of the presentation for free paper sessions will be 8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions. Speakers will bring their presentation on an USB key at least 20 minutes before the beginning of the session. It’s also possible to bring it during a coffee or the lunch break during the day. In order to avoid any surprises or problems, please be sure that your presentation respect the following criteria:
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2007, 2010*, 2013* or higher versions (*.ppt) or (*pptx), to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- Please prepare you presentation either in 4:3 or in 16:9 format (screen are in format 16:9) • We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 300 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation – please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally WMV and AVI format should work with no difficulties. Sound in the video is not supported.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Calibri.
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
How to submit your presentation at the Congress
- Please, come to your session room before the beginning of your session and upload your presentation to the PC in the room.
- Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases. If you use McIntosh, please bring your own adapter for VGA input and please ask technician for help
- In case of problems, please ask technician for help
- When your session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made.
- All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.